Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Salutation for an eminent artist from his own village..

an great artist Motagedara wanigarathne was saluted by his own village on 27th of February. He was a main painter of "Dawasa", "Silumina","Aththa" news papers in 70's and 80'. as cartoonist. He has his own style for his paints. still he is living in his home at Matara, Motagedara. he is spending time with painting in his Home which named "kalaketha". Motagedara Wanigarathne was born on 16th February 1933. Now he is 78 years old great artist. He was awarded Solies mendis award, Kala shiromani award and "saarwa seva" award for his excellent performance.

Following paints were painted by motagedara. Yet he has held a number of exhibitions since 1956.




1 comment:

  1. Howdy would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with? I'm
    planning to start my own blog in the near future but I'm having a difficult time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking
    for something unique. P.
    S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!


    Feel free to visit my web blog :: Free Online Games

    ReplyDelete